BURT STREET FIRE
Photo: Springfield News Sun
On Jan. 30, 2008, high levels of carbon monoxide were detected at a home on South Limestone Street, sending six adults and two children to Springfield Regional Medical Center for testing, the Springfield News-Sun reported.
The house tested at 50 ppm of carbon monoxide. "We walked in the building and our monitors went into alarm immediately," Springfield Fire Division Lt. Doug Buffenbarger told the newspaper. "Anything greater than 35 (ppms), we have them evacuate immediately."