Jefferson School - 1928
Springfield , Ohio
- Firefighter Walter Reinheimer died - Jan. 3, 1920. Suffered "stroke of apoplexy" while recovering from injuries sustained at Kresge's five and ten cent store fire on Nov. 7, 1919. [Springfield Daily News]
- Kauffman Store McCoy fire - Jan. 22, 1921. Started @ 11 p.m.
- Riots - March 12, 1921
- Fink and Heiney Building fire - July 8, 1921. Flames spread to ammonia tank, which exploded while firefighters were dousing flames. Firefighters escaped injury. [Fire and Water Engineering, Aug. 21, 1921.]
- Country Club fire - June 14, 1922
- Fairbanks Piano Plate Co. fire (Kenton St.) - Nov. 13, 1922
- Armstrong Foundry fire (Dibert and R.R.) - 1924. Steamer used.
- Springfield Abattoir Co. fire (Mill Run) - May 12, 1925. 1st general alarm of day. Started at 3 p.m., $10,000 damage. [Roberds]
- Brain Lumber Co. fire (East St.) $150,000 - May 12, 1925. 2nd general alarm of day. [Roberds]
- Mass Foos Co. fire (Isabell between Main and Columbia) - Dec. 17, 1925. Steamer used.
- Firefighter Charles Deam died - Jan., 14, 1926. Died at City Hospital after commercial truck collided with pumper (Main Street and Belmont Avenue); Firefighter John Miller injured. [Morning Sun]
Spfld. Malleable Iron fire (Williams and Main) - April 28, 1926
- Bryant Bldg. Basket Co. Fires (14 W. Columbia) - Jan. 17, 1928. Steamers used.
- Jefferson School fire (McCreight and Garfield) - Feb. 19, 1928
- Woodlawn Hall dormitory fire, Wittenberg College - May 15, 1928. Fire killed student Hilda Sipes, 20, of Shelby, Ohio. 3 others injured. [Associated Press, Springfield Daily News]
- Central Brass Co. Fire (Jefferson St) - Feb. 13, 1929
- Flood - Feb. 26, 1929