READY TO ROLL

READY TO ROLL

Friday, November 13, 2009

FIRE STATIONS - 1907


Fire Chief — Samuel F. Hunter.

Superintendent of Telegraph — Michael M. Duffy.

Central Steam Fire Company No. 1 — West side of South Fountain Avenue, between Jefferson and Washing ton; H. M. Rankin, captain.

Engine Company No. 2 — East side of North Factory Street, between Columbia and North; C. M. Moffett, captain.

Engine Company No. 4 — Lagonda Avenue, between C, C, C. & St. L. Railroad and Florence; J. Edward Bryant, captain.

Engine Company No. 6 — Southeast corner Mound and Glenn Avenue; E. J. Perkins, captain.

Chemical Engine Company — West side of South Yellow Springs, between Pleasant and Dibert Avenue; William Fanning, captain.

Hook and Ladder Company No. 1 — West side of South Fountain Avenue, between Jefferson and Washington.

Hook and Ladder Company No. 3 — Northwest corner Clifton and Boler; H. T. Evans, captain.

Southern Steam Fire Company No. 3 — Northwest corner Clifton and Boler ; H. T. Evans, captain.

Hose Company No. 4 — East side Lagonda Avenue, between C, C, C. & St. L. Railroad and Florence.

Hose Company No. 5 — South side Main, near Park ; L. L. Metcalf , captain.

Hose Company No. 6 — Southeast corner Mound and Glenn; E. J. Perkins, captain.

Hose Company No. 7 — South side Cecil, between Fountain Avenue and Limestone; Pat H. Lawler, captain.

Hose Company No. 8 — West side South Yellow Springs, between Pleasant and Dibert Avenue; William Fanning, captain.

SOURCE: 20th Century History of Springfield , and Clark County, Ohio and Representative Citizens. Edited and compiled by Hon. William M. Rockel, Springfield, Ohio - 1908.